Semi OT: Ann: Text indexing system

From: Igor Roboul <igor(at)raduga(dot)dyndns(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Semi OT: Ann: Text indexing system
Date: 2000-11-03 08:16:34
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,
I have released under BSD like license code for text indexing system
based on PostgreSQL.

Generally, it contain:
mk_index -
make index of _text_ file or standart input
search -
search from shell from prompt. You can write, for example
search freebsd solaris except linux
this will find all docs which contain words "freebsd" and "solaris" but
don't contain "linux"
search.cgi -
CGI interface for 'search' also there is search.cgi.ru - russian version
with more natural examples :-)
mk_index.csh -
script for intellectual indexing. You can index MS Office files for example.
IndexServer.csh -
script, which you'll run from cron :-)
need_update -
helper for IndexServer.csh
update_index -
cleanup database
what_charset -
very dumb charset recognizer for Russian charsets. There are very many
much better programs :-)
docndex.conf -
sample config file for IndexServer.csh
TODO - :-)
COPYRIGHT - BSD like COPYRIGHT.
Build -
csh script for building

This system is tested on FreeBSD (my database server) and Linux (fileserver)

This is not very "cool" program, but it is used in our networks some time and
it works. It does not have version number still :-)

You can download it from
http://www.crosswinds.net/~igorr/docndex.tgz

PS.
Feedback is very welcomed :-)