Installing PL/Perl

From: Nick Wayne <nick_wayne(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Installing PL/Perl
Date: 2000-11-02 18:12:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi All,
I am new here . I have been working alone in my
underground lab away from the world shunning any
contact with Postgre Community( not intentional) and
testing out mine and postgre's limits but I have run
into this stumbling block ......
Enough kidding..;-)
Yes I am new and I want to install PL/Perl on my
version postgresql-7.0.2,but when I try  to make the
Perl interpreter It just makes the Dummy Makefile
which says "Cannot build plperl because libperl is not
a shared library; skipping it."

I know this is a very basic thing but can someone
please help.

Thanks
Nick