Re: wrong documentation and others .....

From: David Huttleston Jr <dhjr(at)hddesign(dot)com>
To: Gabriel Lopez <gabilm(at)dif(dot)um(dot)es>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: wrong documentation and others .....
Date: 2000-10-16 20:20:24
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Peter Mount's JDBC driver translates the query results from the postgresql
process to Java via the JDBC standard.  As I see it, the source of your problem
can be at several levels.

1) A bug in the program
2) A bug in the Solaris JVM
3) A problem with the JDBC driver
4) A problem with your postgresql config on the solaris

#1 seems unlikely since your program and mine work on linux but not on solaris
#2 seems unlikely since Solaris is the flagship for Sun's Java efforts
#3 is possible, but our programs _and_ JDBC work fine under linux
#4 is the only possibility we have not discussed.

  The first way to test if the solaris configuration of postgresql is the problem
is to test a query using an interface which is _not_ JDBC.  The simpliest, is
psql.  Test the large-object support using lo_import and lo_export from within
psql.  In the documentation, section IV (Interfaces)-- chapter 51 (Large Objects)
has a page called 'Built in registered functions'.  This page shows an example of how
to 'manually' store and retrieve a large-object which can be typed into the psql
interface and tested.
  If lo_import and lo_export work, but JDBC does _not_ work.  We should get Peter
Mount's direct attention.  I don't know if he's familiar with solaris, but might be
able to point you toward a solution based on your stack trace.
 Buena Suerte,
	Dave

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 18:42:17 +0200, you wrote:
> David Huttleston Jr escribi:
>
> > Hey Gabi,
> >         Have you manually tested this query in using the pqsl interface?  Perhaps
> > it is the backend having problems and not JDBC.
> >
> > Dave
> >

>     What do you want to say?
>     I run your program. The problem in the postgresql?
>

> --
> Gabriel Lpez Milln
> Facultad de Informtica -Universidad de Murcia
> 30001 Murcia - Espaa (Spain)
> Telf: +34-968-364644 E-mail: gabilm(at)dif(dot)um(dot)es

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Adam LangDate: 2000-10-16 20:57:20