Re: Connecting through JdbcOdbcDriver from Servlets

From: David Huttleston Jr <dhjr(at)hddesign(dot)com>
To: Anuj(at)mannindia(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connecting through JdbcOdbcDriver from Servlets
Date: 2000-10-14 05:04:47
Lists: pgsql-admin
There is no ODBC Driver Manager installed in Linux by default.  You will
need to install a Third-Party product to give your Linux box the ability
to see ODBC sources.  If the database you are trying to query is postgres
on linux, use Peter Mount's JDBC driver included with postgres.  It is
must faster and more stable than the JDBC-ODBC bridge.  In fact,
you should use this on your NT box too, it is far superior.
Good Luck,
	Dave Huttleston