Re: wrong documentation and others .....

From: David Huttleston Jr <dhjr(at)hddesign(dot)com>
To: Gabriel Lopez <gabilm(at)dif(dot)um(dot)es>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: wrong documentation and others .....
Date: 2000-10-12 21:36:27
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hola Gabi,
I have an idea. I've read in some Java Usenet groups that class
files are not as Write-Once-Read-Everywhere as Sun would like us
to believe. If you are using one of the Jar files provided by Peter Mount
it might be a good idea to compile the JDBC class from source.
Compiling on your systems could help in two ways. The compiler
could spot the problem e.g. a name collison. Also, the solaris javac might
produce class files which do not cause the error in your solaris JVM.
Another thought, is there any chance you have an old version of
the postgresql JDBC drivers in the classpath of your solaris system?
I had an annoying bug once myself when an old version of a library
was in my classpath before the proper version, so the old-buggy
version was the library being used.
Hasta Luego,
Dave