Solaris configure problems.

From: Keith Parks <emkxp01(at)middleton-top(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Solaris configure problems.
Date: 2000-09-30 09:45:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

There seems to be a problem in the configure script for solaris.
(Recent CVS copy)

./configure
<snip>
checking for POSIX signal interface... (cached) yes
./configure: syntax error at line 6907: `;' unexpected

A "for" construct, traced back to config/tcl.m4, is upsetting
the shell interpreter.

The construct..

for pgac_dir; do
if test -r "$pgac_dir/tclConfig.sh"; then
TCL_CONFIG_SH=$pgac_dir/tclConfig.sh
break
fi
done

fails, but..

for pgac_dir
do
if test -r "$pgac_dir/tclConfig.sh"; then
TCL_CONFIG_SH=$pgac_dir/tclConfig.sh
break
fi
done

is OK.

I think either should be OK, indeed bash is happy with both.

Perhaps we could change to the latter to keep Solaris happy?

BTW: On the latest CVS, a couple of the changed regression tests
fail because the solaris specific "expected" files don't match
the new results. Do you want me to supply diffs to bring them
upto date?

Thanks,
Keith.