psql wraps lines at 256 characters

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql wraps lines at 256 characters
Date: 2000-09-27 20:11:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Dave E Martin (xxiii(at)cyberdude(dot)com) reports a bug with a severity of 3

Short Description
psql wraps lines at 256 characters

Long Description
the v7.0 psql wraps output lines at 256 characters.  The 6.5 version did not. I sometimes create huge xterms so I can get the output of a select all on one line per row,and keep the display nicely formatted, but now I just get a big void of emptyness on the right 3rd of my xterm, because psql is wrapping the output anyway.

Sample Code
make a big xterm, select * from some table with long rows.

No file was uploaded with this report

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: pgsql-bugsDate: 2000-09-28 08:00:29