createuser fails

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: createuser fails
Date: 2000-09-08 16:00:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Pushkar (psuri(at)netcom-sys(dot)com) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
createuser fails

Long Description
I am trying to install postgres on windows nt .
initdb worked fine , and also the createdb command.
But when i run any command like  createuser etc, i get the
following error
psql: connectDBStart() -- socket() failed: errno=106
Addresses in the specified family cannot be used with this socket

ipc-daemon and  postmaster are both running.
It is very urgent for me to run postgres on nt.
I would really appreciate if some one replies me back

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report

pgsql-bugs by date