Re: Using SETOF in plpgsql function

From: Jan Wieck <janwieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: hlefebvre <hlefebvre(at)lexbase(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using SETOF in plpgsql function
Date: 2000-08-23 14:27:02
Lists: pgsql-sql

hlefebvre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to return a set of integer in an pl/pgsql function. How can I
> do that ?

You can't. Not with PL/pgSQL nor with any other PL or C. The
problem is nested deeper and requires the planned querytree
redesign to get solved.

Before you ask: The mentioned redesign will NOT be done for
7.1, and I'm not sure if we will be able to do it for 7.2
yet.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #