Re: Migration

From: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Migration
Date: 2000-08-14 18:41:49
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 02:08:27PM -0400, John David Garza wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've got another question for anybdy that's done Postgres -> Oracle
> migrations. Is there a way for oracle's sqlpls to do a read from <stdin>
> like psql does with the pg_dump files? Or am i going to have to take this
> pg_dump file and replace all the <stdin> lines with INSERT lines?
>
> Or, is there a way for pg_dump to just dump sql only?

Perhaps one of the [dD] options will be of help?

wallace$ pg_dump --help
pg_dump dumps a database as a text file.

Usage:
pg_dump [options] dbname

-a, --data-only dump out only the data, not the schema
-c, --clean clean (drop) schema prior to create
-C, --create output commands to create database
-d, --inserts dump data as INSERT, rather than COPY, commands
-D, --attribute-inserts dump data as INSERT commands with attribute names

Ross
--
Ross J. Reedstrom, Ph.D., <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer