Re: comparing rows

From: Christopher Masto <chris(at)netmonger(dot)net>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: comparing rows
Date: 2000-08-04 18:08:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 12:41:10PM -0300, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
>
> > > Stupid question here ... but ... can't this kludge be "faked" in the ODBC
> > > driver itself, vs in the server? *raised eyebrow*
> >
> > Right now, the ODBC driver does not do full parsing of the input
> > queries, so imho it would be difficult to reliably identify the correct
> > string substitution.
>
> Ah, there went that idea ... to bad we couldn't put some sort of check in
> the server "if through odbc driver, allow this kludge" :)

Could the ODBC driver have a little checkbox that causes it to magically
issue a "SET BROKEN_MICROSOFT_NULL" immediately after it connects?
--
Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
chris(at)netmonger(dot)net        info(at)netmonger(dot)net        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/