query optimazation & starting postmaster with -B option

From: sathya priya <mscsathya(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: query optimazation & starting postmaster with -B option
Date: 2000-07-22 08:34:03
Lists: pgsql-sql

hai,

Q 1 :

Posgresql is running on Linux machine with 512MB ram.
My question is When i start the postmaster with -B
3000 then there is no problem. If the start the
postmaster with more than the 3000 then errors msg is
popped out. How do I increase this buffer option
morethan 3000 and what are things to be considered
before doing this

Q 2: postmaster with -N option.
doc says 32 connection is default .
I need more than that 32 connection. Before increase
this connection to 100 what things (like
memory,processor speed .. etc ) we have to take
consideration.

Q3 : If i increase the -B more than 3000 then will
postgresql execute the query very fast

thanks advance.

kind regds.
p. ashok kumar