Re: upper() problem in 7.0.2

From: "Christopher L(dot) Cousins" <chris(at)impulse(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Christopher L(dot) Cousins" <chris(at)impulse(dot)net>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: upper() problem in 7.0.2
Date: 2000-07-06 19:23:31
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 03:18:59AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Christopher L. Cousins" <chris(at)impulse(dot)net> writes:
> > What I can do is create a fake dataset, find some values that cause the problem, then give
> > that to you. Would that be acceptable?
>
> Sure, if you can do that. I just want to reproduce the crash here.

Ok, the fake dataset, sample output, and the tools used are available here:
http://www.impulse.net/~chris/pgsql-bugs

bad.out psql output of the known bad strings.
data.sql fake dataset generated from ticket-db-dataset.pl.
dump.out pg_dump of the the database.
known_bad_strings a list of strings known to cause the crash.
pgsql-bugs.tar.gz all of the files in this directory.
runme.sh wrapper for select.sh
schema.sql schema for the database.
select.out query for each username in the database using psql -e
select.sh used to create select.out
select_known_bad_strings.sh used to create bad.out
ticket-db-dataset.pl used to create data.sql, fake dataset.
username.out list of all "usernames" in the dataset.

--

--Chris

____
Impulse Internet Services / \