Re: Re: PDF book July 2, 2000 version

From: JanWieck(at)t-online(dot)de (Jan Wieck)
To: PostgreSQL HACKERS <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: PDF book July 2, 2000 version
Date: 2000-07-04 15:08:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Can someone comment on this?  Why doesn't OID work in foreign keys.
> Seems this is a bug.

    The  RI  triggers check for attribute existance by looking up
    in the relations descriptor via SPI_fnumber(). Since OID is a
    system  attribute,  it returns SPI_ERROR_NOATTRIBUTE and that
    causes the error.

    Later on, I'm not  sure  that  it  is  possible  to  use  SPI
    functions to obtain the OID of a given trigger tuple. So it'd
    be a little more to fix it.

Jan