Re: What's the point of multiple databases?

From: Martin Maney <maney(at)pobox(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What's the point of multiple databases?
Date: 2000-06-29 20:25:57
Lists: pgsql-novice
On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 11:18:09PM +1000, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> First, show us what you're seeing. Next, if you create something
> in the template1 DB, then it will appear in all newly created
> databases...

Thanks to everyone who responded.  I can't figure out how it happened, but
apparently the "manufacturer" table had gotten created in the template
database... but it was created AFTER at least one of the databases had been
itself created, so why was the table copied to that one?  Oh well, at least
after dropping the unwanted copies it's all working as I had expected it
should.