plpgsql function gets wierd with Null parameters

From: Skeets and Kim Norquist <norqu2(at)juno(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: plpgsql function gets wierd with Null parameters
Date: 2000-06-28 18:27:53
Lists: pgsql-sql

When I call the following plpgsql function with the last two parameters
as Null, the first parameter loses it's value:
ma=> select createFund('fred', null, null);
createfund
------------

(1 row)

However it works fine when I give values to the last two params:
ma=> select createFund('fred', 'joe', 5);
createfund
------------
fred
(1 row)

Here's the function (I've hacked it so that it just returns the first
parameter):
create function createFund(varchar, varchar, int) returns text as '
DECLARE
fundname ALIAS FOR $1;
fundsymbol ALIAS FOR $2;
fundcusip ALIAS FOR $3;