Re: [HACKERS] Re: Call for port testing on fmgr changes -- Results!

From: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pgsql(at)rkirkpat(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Call for port testing on fmgr changes -- Results!
Date: 2000-06-25 02:46:20
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-ports
> On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > > declaration). These functions are all in src/backend/utils/adt/nabstime.c.
> > > 	abstime2tm
> > > 	tm2abstime
> > > 	AbsoluteTimeIsBefore
> > > 	AbsoluteTimeIsAfter
> > > 	reltime2tm
> >
> > Hmm.  I did not touch these because they aren't fmgr-callable (and in
> > I suspect that the real problem is not call sequences, but something
> > else that happens to be affecting these routines (and maybe related code
> > they're being compared to.  We've seen that before.
> > Could you dig a little more and try to identify exactly what's
> > going wrong?
>
> 	Will do. I ran out of time last weekend to actually test if these
> functions were the cause of the problem or not. They just looked suspcious
> given the patches I had. I will did deeper and see what I can find, but it
> will probably not happen until next weekend. Will post when I have found
> something.

Tamotsu Nakagawa has posted a fix for this to a local mail list in
Japan. Can someone comment on this? According to him, with the patch
now only the geometry test fails.

 void
-abstime2tm(AbsoluteTime time, int *tzp, struct tm * tm, char *tzn)
+abstime2tm(AbsoluteTime _time, int *tzp, struct tm * tm, char *tzn)
 {
+       time_t time = (time_t) _time;
 #ifdef USE_POSIX_TIME
        struct tm  *tx;