Re: Perl interface

From: "Jeremy Buchmann" <jeremy(at)wellsgaming(dot)com>
To: Thomas Holmgren <thm(at)cs(dot)auc(dot)dk>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Perl interface
Date: 2000-06-20 19:18:39
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I don't know if the module has been updated for PG7.0 or not, but the
standard way of doing this is through the Perl DBI (database interface).
There is an O'Reilly book called Programming the Perl DBI which is very
clear and covers the topic in pretty good depth.  There are also several
good online resources, the URLs of which I can't recall.  Several of them
were mentioned in the comments of a recent review of Programming the Perl
DBI on Slashdot (http://slashdot.org).

--
Jeremy Buchmann
System Admin/Database Programmer

----------
>From: Thomas Holmgren <thm(at)cs(dot)auc(dot)dk>
>To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
>Subject: [INTERFACES] Perl interface
>Date: Fri, Jun 16, 2000, 7:44 AM
>

> Hello!
>
> I would like to extract data from my postgreSQL7.0 database and present
> them on a web-page. I want to use CGI scripts written in Perl. How do I
> connect to and query the DB from Perl? A reference to a tutorial or some
> sort of documentation would be highly appreciated! :))
>
> I am familiar with both Perl and databases.
>

> Mvh.
> Thomas Holmgren
> Institut for Datalogi
> Aalborg Universitet

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Jim CaleyDate: 2000-06-20 21:39:32