Clarified Question

From: stef(at)chronozon(dot)dyndns(dot)org (Stef telford)
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Clarified Question
Date: 2000-05-24 01:36:43
Lists: pgsql-sql
Hello,
	Earlier I sent in some ramblings trying to explain my problm.
I think I have it better summarised now.

How can I create a function that will take in two variables and return
an integer, when one of the variables is the tablename ?!

I have tried :

		create function tst_func(text, varchar(16))
		as
		'BEGIN
			result=select max(history_id)+1 from $1
				where client_id = $2;
		 	return result;
		 END;'

Please excuse the roughness of the code, I am not at my work machine
where I have postgres all setup.

(oh. and jst a little query, is the 'max' actaully a stored procedure
 or an SQL keyword ?! I cant seem to find it in any of the documentation
 probbly cause I overlooked it ;)

Thanks,
Steffs

pgsql-sql by date

Next:From: Tubagus NizomiDate: 2000-05-24 02:55:51