ecpg failed and Postmaster getting bigger

From: "S(dot)F(dot) Lee" <sflee_tw(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: ecpg failed and Postmaster getting bigger
Date: 2000-05-18 07:58:23
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

>Is c1 int[3] or int[4]?

>> 2.Modify Test.pgc  to get a whole row from foo_2
>> a structure temp by "select *":

>>    printf (" c1 = %s  d1 = %s
>> ",temp.a1,temp.b1,temp.c1,temp.d1);

>This one dumps core on me since a1 and b1 are not
mentioned in the format
>string. But I guess this is not your problem. :-)
sorry, that's all my fault. :-(
    printf (" c1 = %s  d1 = %s

In PostgreSQL 6.5.3, I can't use
      struct data
	 int           recno;
         int           a1;
         float         b1;
         int           c1[3];
         float         d1[3];
         int           spare;
      } temp;
as a host variable, but I find
      struct data
	 int           recno;
         int           a1;
         float         b1;
         char          c1[50];
         char          d1[50];
         int           spare;
      } temp;
can apply for getting a whole row into
structure temp by "select * ". One of
the most important reason that I would
use PostgreSQL is array, that could make
me easier in building up table. And the
reason why I would like to use "select *"
is to reduce the complication in programming.
since I can use some utility to build up a
correct structure according to foo_2.sql, then
all I want is dealing with the structure.
Sorry for my poor English.

 Regards, S.F. Lee

Do You Yahoo!?

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: S.F. LeeDate: 2000-05-18 08:07:47