Re: [CORE] Release schedule?

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org, webmaster(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [CORE] Release schedule?
Date: 2000-04-18 14:56:38
Lists: pgsql-docs
> I just put in a man.tar.gz for 7.0, and I've got the tutorial.ps.gz
> ready to go (but forgot to take it off my laptop; should remember to
> do it tomorrow).
>
> I'm going to assume that the docs are more-or-less frozen after I
> leave for vacation tomorrow, and I'll work a bit on them while I'm
> away. afaik they will be about ready to go on May 1. The html versions
> are very quick to do, and if people have real corrections to make they
> may as well continue to make them. I'll see them in the cvs tree and
> can backpatch to the printed docs if it isn't too ugly.
>
> I'll do the admin doc and the INSTALL page last, after I return. I'm
> planning on adding a "Things to know" section to the release notes, to
> help those upgrading from a previous version. Bruce, are you still
> planning on making big changes to the release notes (I recall mail
> saying you were going to do so last weekend??) or are they pretty good
> already?

Release.sgml is up-to-date.  I just committed the most recent additions.
Seems there wasn't much _visible_ change since I updated it on March
23rd.  It is ready to go.

My reference page cleanups will have to be post-7.0.  Not sure how much
I can improve them, but I will go over them in detail to see.