Maxsize of text?

From: Emils <emils(at)omcentrs(dot)lv>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Maxsize of text?
Date: 2000-04-11 13:21:57
Lists: pgsql-sql
Hello,

Is there any upper limit on text field size? I found info on the row
limit in FAQ:
>Rows are limited to 8K bytes, but this can be changed by editing
>include/config.h and changing BLCKSZ. To use attributes larger than
>8K, you can also use the large object interface.

which is OK, but how about 'text'? Basically, I need at least 32Ksize
text fields. Maybe 50K to be sure. Is this OK without BLOBs?

TIA,
Emils
Emils Klotins
emils(at)dot(dot)lv

pgsql-sql by date

Next:From: Angel Manuel Diaz AunionDate: 2000-04-11 15:08:43