Re: int8.c compile problem on UnixWare 7.x

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Billy G(dot) Allie" <Bill(dot)Allie(at)mug(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: int8.c compile problem on UnixWare 7.x
Date: 2000-04-01 08:10:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> It appears that some code in backend/utils/adt/int8.c tickles a compiler bug
> in SCO's UDK when it is compiled with optimazation turned on.  The attached
> patch, which rewrites a for statement as a while statement corrects the
> problem.

I am sorry Billy but the new code is much harder to understand than the
original, so I am not inclined to change it based on a compiler bug, for
which SCO is so famous.

If you wish to submit a patch that removes optimization from the
Makefile for the file or entire directory under SCO, I will consider it.
And I would document the change so we can remove it later.