Pgaccess - missing file, can't start

From: "Don Oliver" <dayo_nanaimo(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Pgaccess - missing file, can't start
Date: 2000-02-25 19:19:46
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi all. I hope this is the right place for this question.

I installed Pgaccess as per the instructions in the README.
The tutorial states that a file named pgaccess.tcl starts the program.
There is no file named pgaccess.tcl anywhere on the system.
There is, however, a file named pgaccess (no extension) in

The README which was put in the pgaccess directory,
states that it should be run with pgaccess, rather than pgaccess.tcl.
Also, as per this file,  I checked that the variables PGACCESS_HOME,
PATH_TO_WISH are set to the appropriate directories.

Tcl/Tk 8.0 are installed and tested.
The postmaster is running, PostgreSQL 6.5.3
I started pgaccess from /usr/local/pgaccess (I tried it with, and without,
the optional [database].

Here is the resulting error message:

Error in startup script: couldn't load file "":
while executing
"load libpgtcl[info sharedlibextension]"
(procedure "main" line 3)
invoked from within
"main $argc $argv"
(file "usr/local/pgaccess/main.tcl" line 249)

There is no anywhere on the system.

* I tried re-installing, using again, "tar -zxvf pgaccess-0.98.4.tar.gz"
Same result.

Where should this have come from?

Don Oliver

Get Your Private, Free Email at

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Dana BurdDate: 2000-02-25 21:04:31