Pgaccess - missing file, can't start

From: "Don Oliver" <dayo_nanaimo(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Pgaccess - missing file, can't start
Date: 2000-02-25 19:19:46
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi all. I hope this is the right place for this question.

I installed Pgaccess as per the instructions in the README.
The tutorial states that a file named pgaccess.tcl starts the program.
There is no file named pgaccess.tcl anywhere on the system.
There is, however, a file named pgaccess (no extension) in
/usr/local/pgaccess.

The README which was put in the pgaccess directory,
states that it should be run with pgaccess, rather than pgaccess.tcl.
Also, as per this file, I checked that the variables PGACCESS_HOME,
PATH_TO_WISH are set to the appropriate directories.

Tcl/Tk 8.0 are installed and tested.
The postmaster is running, PostgreSQL 6.5.3
I started pgaccess from /usr/local/pgaccess (I tried it with, and without,
the optional [database].

Here is the resulting error message:

Error in startup script: couldn't load file "libpgtcl.so": libpgtcl.so:
while executing
"load libpgtcl[info sharedlibextension]"
(procedure "main" line 3)
invoked from within
"main $argc $argv"
(file "usr/local/pgaccess/main.tcl" line 249)

There is no libpgtcl.so anywhere on the system.

* I tried re-installing, using again, "tar -zxvf pgaccess-0.98.4.tar.gz"
Same result.

Where should this libpgtcl.so have come from?

Thanks,

Don Oliver
dayo_nanaimo(at)hotmail(dot)com