Re: [BUGS] First experiences with Postgresql 7.0

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Rolf Grossmann <grossman(at)securitas(dot)net>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] First experiences with Postgresql 7.0
Date: 2000-02-24 14:47:49
Lists: pgsql-bugspgsql-hackers
> Hi,
>
> on Thu, 24 Feb 2000 13:47:36 +0100 (MET) Peter Eisentraut wrote
> concerning "Re: [BUGS] First experiences with Postgresql 7.0" something like this:
>
> > Well, don't I look stupid here. Once upon a time I recall to have fixed
> > exactly this issue, apparently it snuck back in.
>
> > If you run psql in non-interactive mode the psqlrc file shouldn't be read
> > at all. Unless people want that flag, but I don't like that better.
>
> After doing some more experimenting, I noticed that psql does (indeed)
> not read the psqlrc file when given the -f option. Alas, the regression
> tests don't use -f but send the file in via stdio. So I think this
> behaviour is The Right Thing, but the regression tests should be fixed
> (probably to use -f).

But is it right to not read the psqlrc file with -f?   Can psqlrc be
read but not displayed with -q.  regress.sh uses -a and -q, which seem
to conflict with each other.

  -a              Echo all input from script
  -q              Run quietly (no messages, only query output)

I will admit regress.sh may be using the wrong flags now.  Also, PGLIB
is used by createlang.  Not sure how it used to work.

CREATE DATABASE
createlang: missing required argument PGLIB directory
(This is the directory where the interpreter for the procedural
language is stored. Traditionally, these are installed in whatever
'lib' directory was specified at configure time.)
createlang failed