creating a db with libpq

From: Rob Brown-Bayliss <rob(at)ZOOstation(dot)cc>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: creating a db with libpq
Date: 2000-02-23 08:45:38
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi all,

I am embarking on an app that I want to check for the existance of a
postgesql database and if it's not there create it. If it is there then
check the status of tables, fields etc and modify as needed.

The checking is easy, I attempt to estabilsh a connection and preaty
soon know if it's there or not. The problem is I do not know how to
create one with libpq...

Can any one point me in the right direction? And while your at it some
tips for comparing the DB to what it should be...

If you are wondering why I want to check the DB, I imagine it changeing
as the program develops. By having the app check and make chages to the
DB I remove one possible souce for errors, and make it easier for end
users...

Rob Brown-Bayliss

live from ZOOstation
http://www.ZOOstation.cc