how to make libpq on winnt using the 'win32.mak's

From: Rini Dutta <rinid(at)rocketmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: how to make libpq on winnt using the 'win32.mak's
Date: 2000-02-10 13:40:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces pgsql-ports

Hi

I'm running postgres v6.5.3. I need to make calls to
the functions in libpq in my code. For this I need the
files - libpq.lib/libpq.lib.dll/libpqdll.lib.

When I run 'nmake /f win32.mak' in the src directory,
it is unable to open/find config.h . If I use the
config.h generated as a result of 'configure' on
cygwin, it complains about other .h files not being
found. (I do not know if there is a way to do the
equivalent on the DOS Shell/Command Prompt )

Could anyone let me know how to build libpq to get
libpq.dll/libpq.lib/libpqdll.lib ? If somebody already
has a version of the same for postgres v6.5.3, even
that would be helpful.

Thanks,
Rini

ps : The administrators guide has a chapter on this
which I followed. (But it mentions Postgres v6.4
?!)
Here is an extract :