GreekCentral.com's Toga Times

From: DaPrez(at)greekcentral(dot)com
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: GreekCentral.com's Toga Times
Date: 2000-01-27 07:01:36
Lists: pgsql-ports

TOGA TIMES Issue I Volume 7
========================

January 26, 2000

Hello again, my friends, and welcome to all of you newbies,

For those of you receiving this amusing and informative E-Newsletter for the first time, either you signed up for it or one of your friends thought you were cutting edge enough to receive it. As always should you no longer wish to receive this classy piece of literature and other related cool stuff, please reply to UNSUBSCRIBE(at)greekcentral(dot)com(dot)

In Today's Toga Times:

* Winter Storms Pound The United States
* Winter X Games Heading To Vermont
* Animal House Comes To GreekCentral.com
* Greek Life News And Interviews
* Super Bowl XXXIV Promises To Burn Atlanta To The Ground
* GreekCentral.com Site Updates And Contests

Mother Nature has had enough of the Y2K talk, and wants her due respect! Momma N. as she prefers DaPrez to call her has been laying the Smack Down on almost the entire country in the past week or so. When Raleigh, N.C. gets 20" of snow, you know she has got to be a little ticked off! While snow, sleet and freezing rain layer states like Texas, Oklahoma and Georgia, record cold temperatures are slowing down the Southeast. The Northeast has been absolutely blasted by blustering winds driving the wind chill factors into the negatives on a daily basis, and closing airports right and left. What does all this have to do with GreekCentral.com, you ask? GOOD Question! We have the answer to your keeping warm dilemma right here in the GreekCentral store, and if you use this coupon you can get an additional 15% off your order. Simply inform us that you are using coupon #TT101 when placing your order, whether online (indicate coupon #TT101 in shipping instructions box) or via phone, and you will receive 15% off your total order (not to exceed $200). http://GreekCentral.com/online-store/scstore/ is the place to shop and get the best quality and lowest prices on all of your Greek Apparel. This coupon expires on February 11, 2000.

**********************************************************************************************************************
Want a chance to win cash and prizes while you do other things, like work or surf the web. Simply go to www.WinDough.com. The WinDough Prize Window is a small browser window that you can place in the corner of your desktop. You can win cash and prizes playing WinDough. Click www.WinDough.com to play, and maybe win! www.WinDough.com
**********************************************************************************************************************

While I am on the topic of the weather, the conditions could not be more ideal for the upcoming Winter X Games taking place at Mount Snow, Vermont, from February 3-6! The event will be broadcast on ESPN2 (February 4-8), and promises to be even more exciting than ever. Some changes you can expect to see this year, aside from being located on the East Coast for the first time ever, are new events. This year you will see such events as; Ultra Cross (The top 16 skiers and snowboarders will compete in a team relay-style event on the Skier X course. Teams are made up of one skier and one snowboarder), Big Air (A quarterpipe hit will be added to the bottom portion of the runout. The quarterpipe hit will now factor in as a portion of the overall score), SuperPipe (The same as the halfpipe -- only bigger), Skiboarding (Moves back to a slopestyle course) as well as other name changes to competitions! So be sure to tune in to ESPN2 to check out the action and GreekCentral.com for our unique and sarcastic reports and commentary.

**********************************************************************************************************************
WARNING! Using Vault.com may increase your risk of getting hired!
Visit www.vaultreports.com
The Vault.com is the leading destination for career information on the Internet. The explosively popular site offers free, detailed profiles on over 3000 companies and over 60 industries. www.VaultReports.com
**********************************************************************************************************************

Have you checked out the GreekLife section of GreekCentral.com lately?

If you haven't then you may be missing out on amazing in depth interview with "Animal House" Screenwriter and Dartmouth Alumni Chris Miller. GreekCentral.com's own Vice President of Sales, Scott Cohon, went one-on-one with the creator of the 1978 campus blockbuster to get the real story of life as a brother of Alpha Delta Phi in the 60's. Check out the amusing and insightful interview, http://www.greekcentral.com/oc/a_house.shtml, and send us your comments!

Here is what is happening at campuses like yours across the country as reported and editorialized on our Greek Life Section, http://www.greekcentral.com/greekstuff.shtml:

Students at the University of Oklahoma have banded together to help build new houses for Tornado victims.

Tau Kappa Epsilon brothers at Michigan State University have teamed up with the East Lansing Police Department to provide local school children with positive programs such as Students Against Destructive Decisions and the Police Athletic League.

Do you have exciting news about life at your chapter house, or school that you would like to see online and in print? If you do, please drop an e-mail to Scott at scohon(at)GreekCentral(dot)com, we will review it, and probably get it up on the site! If you have any GreekLife questions, please feel free to "Ask the Advisor" at http://www.greekcentral.com/ask_advisor_form.shtml.

**********************************************************************************************************************
Are you tired of scraping by, trying to find student loan information at the bursar's office or guidance counselor?
Visit www.GetCollege.com the definitive online service that provides solid solutions to both students and parents in their quest to obtain college funding. www.GetCollege.com
**********************************************************************************************************************

Atlanta Georgia, Sunday January 30th, the stage is set for what promises to be the most exciting Super Bowl in decades. The streets are cold and icy, but the air in the Georgia Dome will be HOT! Two teams, which have never been to the big game before, St. Louis Rams and Tennessee Titans, will face off in the Ultimate Sports Championship! The big question on my mind is...what are you more excited about...the game or the variety of $2 million commercials that have traditionally been the highlight of games past? More than 12 Internet companies have shelled out the big bucks to get their messages across during the game, followed by the great success experienced last year from Monster.com and HotJobs.com. Keep your eyes peeled for the GreekCentral.com commercial, and let me know what you think of it. But don't look for it this weekend...it is coming soon.

Do you have original stories, articles or views you would like to see on GreekCentral.com? If you do, simply drop me an email at daprez(at)greekcentral(dot)com(dot) My staff and I will review them and post them on our site. We do reward all original content that gets posted on www.GreekCentral.com!

NAME THE SHEEP CONTEST Update: Submissions have been pouring in to "Name The Sheep" and quite frankly they are pretty funny, and witty. If you have any ideas, and you want to enter the contest, then e-mail it to me at, daprez(at)greekcentral(dot)com ASAP! We will be drawing suggestions over the next few weeks and announcing the winner in an upcoming version of the Toga Times. What will the lucky and creative person win? They will receive Special #1 from the GreekCentral Store absolutely FREE! Special #1 includes; 1 12oz. sweatshirt (classic - 3 sewn 4" letters), 1 heat press t-shirt (casual - 3 heat pressed 2" letters - choose letter color and location), 1 custom bar hat (retro - 2 bars - one size fits all) a value of over $85.00! Runners up will receive hats, CDs and mousepads. So get those submissions in to me today!

Be on the lookout for the New & Improved GreekCentral.com, featuring members only channels and services. Membership does have its privileges and it is FREE!!!!

Be safe!

YOURS IN GREEKDOM,

BRETT (daprez(at)greekcentral(dot)com)

Please direct any questions, comments or suggestions to

daprez(at)greekcentral(dot)com

P.S. As always, TOGA TIMES, is a service of GreekCentral.com. Please feel free to forward this e-mail to your friends.

If you wish to no longer receive this classy piece of literature and other related cool stuff, please reply to UNSUBSCRIBE(at)greekcentral(dot)com