Re: [INTERFACES] Forms too complex or to large in pgaccess?

From: R(dot)Hoellwarth(at)t-online(dot)de (Ronald Hoellwarth)
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Forms too complex or to large in pgaccess?
Date: 2000-01-15 21:45:30
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Am Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 04:29:37PM -0500 schrieb David Conners:

> ANy help or advise is appreciated.

Well, I encountered the same problem and found the following solution.
I create scripts that do some stuff and then use the following code to
source the thinggummy.

DataControl(.kz.query)::setSQL "SELECT scriptsource FROM pga_scripts where scriptname = 'kz_bind';"
DataControl(.kz.query)::open
DataControl(.kz.query)::updateDataSet
set scriptcode $DataSet(.kz.query,scriptsource)
DataControl(.kz.query)::close
eval $scriptcode

> Thanks,

I hope it could solve the Problem.

Ahm. While dealing with this Problem I learned that long variable names are
good to read and understand their purpose, but on the other side they need
much of the precious space!! So - "as short as possible but as long as
needed" might get a well to remember sentence.

greetings from Crailsheim, Germany
ronald hoellwarth

--
Ronald Höllwarth Registrierter Linux User #132865
<hoellwarth(at)yahoo(dot)com> GPG - SchluesselID 0x2F7A041A