Cannot Dump the Database. This is a pg_dump (or backend bug)

From: dLux <dlux(at)dlux(dot)hu>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Cannot Dump the Database. This is a pg_dump (or backend bug)
Date: 2000-01-13 17:06:02
Lists: pgsql-bugs

POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name : dLux
Your email address : dlux(at)dlux(dot)hu

System Configuration
---------------------
Architecture (example: Intel Pentium) : Intel Pentium II 450

Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF) : Linux 2.2.5 ELF
(Redhat)

PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-6.5.3): PostgreSQL-6.5.2 &
6.5.3

Compiler used (example: gcc 2.8.0) : gcc version egcs-2.91.66
19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)

There was some kind of corruption, and after that I cannot backup my
system. pg_dump crashes with this error:

PQgetvalue: ERROR! tuple number 0 is out of range 0..-1
zsh: segmentation fault pg_dump -t users dbname

Any kind of dump got segfault.

Please describe a way to repeat the problem. Please try to provide a

I don't know how it can be repeated, but I can send the strace log
of the running of the problem, it may help solving this.
I have tried to do queries which are in the straced code, all works
fine, and return result without any warning and segfault of psql.

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution
below:

I have no clue :(

dLux
--