GreekCentral.com's Toga Times

From: DaPrez(at)greekcentral(dot)com
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: GreekCentral.com's Toga Times
Date: 2000-01-06 22:52:57
Lists: pgsql-ports

TOGA TIMES Issue I Volume 5
=========================

January 06, 2000

Hello again, my friends, and welcome to all of you newbies,

For those of you receiving this e-newsletter for the first time, it is because either you signed up for it, or one of your friends thought you were cutting edge enough to receive it. As always, should you no longer wish to receive this classy piece of literature, send mail to: unsubscribe(at)greekcentral(dot)com(dot)

I want to start off, by wishing you all a Happy Healthy New Year, and hope you had a great Holiday season. Winter is here, and its cold this time of year! I am so excited to be spending my first winter as the spokesperson for, what I believe to be, the sharpest, funniest, and most dynamic web site to ever hit the college market. Of course, I am referring to http://www.GreekCentral.com ! Since the launch on September 7, 1999, there has been such a positive outpouring of feedback and traffic, it just brings a smile to the faces of the entire staff here. Even though, we are mere pledges in the eyes of our competitors and the masses, we feel that GreekCentral has (to borrow a phrase) boldly gone where no one has gone before. Do we tell the truth? You bet we do! Do we pull punches? The answer is yes, but only to those deserving of our compassion. But just shoot one pledge in the privates, and beware the wrath of GreekCentral.com.

Want a chance to win cash and prizes while you do other things, like work or surf the web. Simply go to http://www.WinDough.com . The WinDough Prize Window is a small browser window that you can place in the corner of your desktop. You can win cash and prizes playing WinDough. Click http://www.WinDough.com to play, and maybe win!

Speaking of winners, in the last issue of Toga Times, I introduced you to the big winner of the "Name the E-Newsletter" contest, and in this issue, you will see the names of the winners of the "Tuition Remission" giveaway. I think we may have made the holidays a little bit brighter for these lucky students, and I want to thank all of the thousands or registrants for entering the contests. The winners will tell you...people really win at http://www.GreekCentral.com. Here is a list of the winners and the prizes they won:

Amy Gantz, Constance Orr, Patricia Owens, Mike Lynch, and Dave Nathan were all winners of the $100 gift certificates to CDNOW.COM.

Colleen McCarthy, Jennifer Tobkin, Andrew Lingo, and James Stubblefield were all winners of Fisher Slim-1500 Audio Systems.

Avi Naveh from Rutgers University was the winner of a Cannondale Super V 800 Mountain Bike.

Michael Genovese from Florida State University was the First Prize Winner of the Sony Vaio Notebook computer.

The Grand Prize Winner, who has received a check for a $5000 Tuition Remission is Amy David from The University of Illinois.

Congratulations to all of our winners! Keep your eyes and browsers on http://www.GreekCentral.com for our next contests...they are coming soon!

Maximize your student experience...visit http://www.PowerStudents.com to visit the only online network that offers a consolidated resource to find help getting into, paying for and succeeding in school.
http://www.PowerStudents.com

GreekCentral.com is proud to announce the new and improved GreekLife channel of http://www.GreekCentral.com. Cruise on by to see our revamped Greek Resources, and send your questions in to "Ask The Adviser". See who is the Chapter of the Month, or utilize the new customized search engine. Who knows more about life in the Greek World than the folks here at GreekCentral.com? NOBODY! With links and original content from all over the United States, you can find anything and everything relating to sorority or fraternity life right here at http://www.greekcentral.com/greekstuff.shtml.

Are you tired of scraping by, trying to find student loan information at the bursars office or guidance counselor?
Visit http://www.GetCollege.com the definitive online service that provides solid solutions to both students and parents in their quest to obtain college funding.

Y2K? Y2K? Y2K, because we like you...hahaha. Are we here at GreekCentral.com Y2K compliant? You bet your ASCII we are. So, the stock market may crumble, and airplanes may tumble, and MicroSoft may fumble...NAH! But http://www.GreekCentral.com will stand tall through it all. Come on by throughout the year to see what is new in the world...and our warped perception of that news! Visit the Bulletin Boards, to see what your friends and fellow students are doing with their time off. Check in with your fellow alumni on our boards. We will be here...toiling away.

WARNING! Using Vault.com may increase your risk of getting hired!
http://www.vaultreports.com
The Vault.com is the leading destination for career information on the Internet. The explosively popular site offers free, detailed profiles on over 3000 companies and over 60 industries.

Want the chance to earn a little extra cash...and maybe a credit or two? We are looking for a few good GREEKS...could that be you? Jump at the chance to earn some cash, some credits and the admiration and respect of your peers, by becoming a Campus Rep for GreekCentral.com. The applications are coming in and the jobs are going out, so dont just sit there, wishing for a little action. Make it happen! Just stop by http://www.greekcentral.com/marketing_rep.shtml for details and to apply.

While I am on the subject of opportunity...I have put the call out to students all over the country to be heard! This is your big chance to get yourself published, and online in a non-biased forum. We are always willing to put original content on any of our channels. If you feel that you have the right stuff, or have always dreamed of being an authorwearing the funky berets, and smoking a little cigarette with a foot long filter, then now is your chance. Simply drop me an email at editor(at)GreekCentral(dot)com <mailto:editor(at)GreekCentral(dot)com> with your original story or story idea, and if it gets a thumbs up from those of my staff that actually have opposable thumbs, it will be on the site! That is a promise. It doesnt have to be about the Greek World, or even about college, but something that you feel needs to be addressed and you are just the person to do it! So Step up or Step off!

Be safe!

YOURS IN GREEKDOM,

BRETT

Please direct any questions, comments or suggestions to

<mailto:daprez(at)greekcentral(dot)com>

P.S. As always, TOGA TIMES, is a service of GreekCentral.com. Please feel free to forward this e-mail to your friends.
If you wish to no longer receive this classy piece of literature and other related cool stuff, please reply to <mailto:UNSUBSCRIBE(at)greekcentral(dot)com>