Re: Status of Summer of Code Projects?

From: "Mickael DELOISON" <mdeloison(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-students(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Status of Summer of Code Projects?
Date: 2007-06-13 18:58:24
Lists: pgsql-students

2007/6/13, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>:
> All,
>
> Well, we've been hearing from Florian on the -hackers list. However, both
> mentors and students have been very quiet otherwise. I'd like to have an
> update on current status from the other six projects. Have you started? How
> are things going? Are you in active contact with your mentors?
>
> Please keep us updated on what's happening!

Hello,

I am currently working on pgUnitTest. The webpage is available on PGFoundry:
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgunittest/
You can see that the CVS is updated quite often.

The goal of this Java program is to describe in a script (or XML file)
unit tests on queries (SELECT and INSERT queries) and then to run
those unit tests and see if anyone fails. It is like JUnit but for
database queries, that is why the name is pgUnit[Test].

The application has already thousands of lines (I made a small PERL
script to count them): it parses input (from a script parsed with
JavaCC or an XML file) and writes output. But in fact it does nothing
at this moment: all the software structure is ready and has been unit
tested, so everything should be easy to integrate now. There is also a
quite good documentation with a specs file, a design file, UML
diagrams and Javadoc in order to make the application readable easily.

I am currently working on INSERT unit tests and the generators
(powerful generators).

I keep my mentor updated with a status report each week (I need to
write one for this week!). I work faster than I scheduled so, when I
will have finished, I will focus on TPC benchmarks with my mentor.

Regards,
Mickael