Prepared statements vs. Stored Procedures

From: Oliver Crosby <ryusei(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Prepared statements vs. Stored Procedures
Date: 2005-06-21 19:46:03
Lists: pgsql-performance
I'm hoping someone can offer some advice here.
 I have a large perl script that employs prepared statements to do all its
queries. I'm looking at using stored procedures to improve performance times
for the script. Would making a stored procedure to replace each prepared
statement be worthwhile? If not, when could I use stored procedures to
improve performance?
 Thanks in advance.

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Tobias BroxDate: 2005-06-21 19:46:39