Re: Column is of type date but expression is of type text

From: list_usr(at)spacebox(dot)net
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Column is of type date but expression is of type text
Date: 2010-02-21 18:00:50
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

So I don't know what happened.. but I dropped the database and
reloaded it and now it works. I had made some small updates to the
stored procedure but had been recreating it (CREATE OR REPLACE
FUNCTION) with the updates - should I have been restarting Postgres
after recreating the stored procedure?

I think the issue was the ordering of the parameters - after your
initial answer to my question I updated the stored procedure so the
ordering of the parameters matched the order that they appeared in the
insert statement. I recreated the stored procedure and continued to
encounter the problem which led me to believe that wasn't the issue.

Anyhow, after recreating the database it's now working.

Thanks for all your help!

-- Matt