Re: dump shapefile

From: "Willy-Bas Loos" <willybas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: dump shapefile
Date: 2007-11-16 12:44:46
Lists: pgadmin-support

what would that mean?
It´s all SQL, so what else is to be supported? Maybe shp2pgsql too? (i
don´t see why, pgAdmin supports output to file (CSV) now, but no
matching function backwards)
Or would it mean collaborating with uDig (run by refractions btw), to
provide a complete gis viewing experience? Sounds like that would only
complicate things needlessly.
Is anybody else out there interested in PostGIS support for pgAdmin?

And finally, would it be possible for us to create an add-on to
pgAdmin ourselves and share it w/ the world? (e.g. the one i
proposed). That is, without introducing upgrade possibilities.

Cheers,

WBL