Re: Tsearch2 dump/reload problem

From: Ian Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: cgg007(at)yahoo(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tsearch2 dump/reload problem
Date: 2004-07-28 19:08:24
Lists: pgsql-general
On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:42:38 -0700 (PDT), Chris Gamache
<cgg007(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:
> PostgreSQL 7.4.2 -
>
> I'm having some serious problems dumping and reloading a database with utilizes
> TSearch2.
>
> I've followed the directions to-the-letter for dumping and reloading a DB that
> uses TSearch2 ... When I reload and attempt to access the database I find this
> in the logs:
>
> ERROR:  cache lookup failed for function 75769893

I _think_ the way round this is to drop all the tsearch2 objects - you
should have an untsearch2.sql file in a contrib directory somewhere
which contains the appropriate statements. This does of course cascade
to tsvector columns, which you will have to recreate and repopulate.

FWIW I put all tsearch-related objects into their own schema, and
recreate this before restoring other data to a fresh database.

HTH

Ian Barwick
barwick(at)gmail(dot)com