Re: pgFoundry Download URLs

From: Guillaume Smet <guillaume(dot)smet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Date: 2009-12-28 19:52:39
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
> That's really not a option. Wholesale reorganisation of the FTP will
> cause a world of pain for people with scripts such as Devrim's.

Could you elaborate on these scripts? What do they do and what are
they used for? IIRC, Devrim doesn't use the mirror URI for his
pgFoundry RPM packages.

The mirror exposes the internal structure of the file repository of
GForge. It's really a matter of interface in the OO programming way.
This method is private and they decided to change the implementation a
long time ago, the public method to access the files haven't changed
and is stable.

If we really want it, we can decide to keep the old structure but we
may have problems from time to time if people want to upload a file
with the same name in another release/package (and it's one more
patch).

--
Guillaume