Re: New boxes available for QA

From: "Guillaume Smet" <guillaume(dot)smet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New boxes available for QA
Date: 2008-04-02 01:01:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> wrote:
>  I'm almost done scripting up everything to load the TIGER/Line
>  Shapefiles from the US Census into PostgreSQL/PostGIS.  Once it's done
>  and working I would be happy to provide it to whomever asks, and it
>  might be an interesting data set to load/query and look at benchmarks
>  with.  There's alot of GIST index creation, as well as other indexes
>  like soundex(), and I'm planning to use partitioning of some sort for
>  the geocoder.  We could, for example, come up with some set of arbitrary
>  addresses to geocode and see what the performance of that is.
>
>  It's just a thought, and it's a large/"real" data set to play with.

I must admit that the first step I want to be achieved is to have the
most simple regression tests running on a daily basis. A real database
with advanced features can be very interesting for the future.

I'm not sure loading the full database will provide useful results on
this hardware but we can always work on a subset of it.

--
Guillaume