Re: Memory leaks using refcursors

From: "Guillaume Smet" <guillaume(dot)smet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Dave Cramer" <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL JDBC" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Memory leaks using refcursors
Date: 2007-01-19 13:26:55
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hi Dave,

On 1/19/07, Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com> wrote:
> I've asked Guillaume to test this hypothesis with his test case that
> does not use XA to see if the memory "leak" still exists without XA

Perhaps I was not clear when I explained the remaining problem. I
don't have any memory leak left. The attached file is a test case
which shows the new problem.

The commit is done before closing the resultset and so the close()
method can't find the portal which results in an exception (the portal
is closed on commit).
It's probably not something we should do but before there was no error
in this case and now it throws an exception which is not really clear
for the end user:
An exception has occured.ERROR: cursor "<unnamed portal 1>" does not exist
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: cursor "<unnamed portal 1>"
does not exist

--
Guillaume