Re: Where to find information on the new HOT tables?

From: "Chris Hoover" <revoohc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "Dimitri Fontaine" <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Where to find information on the new HOT tables?
Date: 2008-02-08 13:01:44
Lists: pgsql-admin
On Feb 7, 2008 6:48 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:

> Bruce Momjian escribió:
> > Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> > > What about Alvaro's concern about manual vacuuming policies editing
> wrt to
> > > HOT?
> >
> > I think most people will be using autovacuum, and those who aren't will
> > have to realize that HOT makes vacuuming less needed.
> Hmm, and how will they realize it, if they don't understand how HOT
> comes into the equation?

How about just adding a "for more information look here link" pointing

That is the link Alvaro sent me in the first part of the thread.  It was a
very good read explaining how HOT works along with the caveats.

Come see how to SAVE money on fuel, decrease harmful emissions, and even
make MONEY.  Visit and join the revolution!