Re: 8.3 Logging Question

From: "Chris Hoover" <revoohc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org Admin" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.3 Logging Question
Date: 2008-01-24 20:26:49
Lists: pgsql-admin
> > [...]
> > log_destination = 'syslog,csvlog'               # Valid values are
> > combinations of
> This is kind of strange. It should be syslog or csvlog. It shouldn't be
> both of them. Or am I wrong ?
> Regards.
> --
> Guillaume.

The documentation stated you could log to multiple destinations by comma
separating them.

Since this is my personal test area, I'm looking at both types of logging.
I am very interested in being able to load the logs into a table so that I
can do further mining on them, so I am testing the csvlog.  I have also been
wanting to try the syslog feature for the logs, so I am testing this also.
Really nice to have the option to send the logs to multiple outlets.