free space map

From: "Chris Hoover" <revoohc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: free space map
Date: 2006-06-20 14:44:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

Is there anyway to query the free space map and see how many entries there
are for a specific table?

We are starting to have some performance issues since our upgrade to
8.1(running
8.1.3). However I can vacuum one table and the issues are temporarily
solved. I am trying to do some research and would like to know what the fsm
looks like before and after I vacuum this table.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Chris
RH 4