Semi OT - Anyone monitoring PostgreSQL with nagios

From: Chris Hoover <revoohc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Semi OT - Anyone monitoring PostgreSQL with nagios
Date: 2005-11-07 21:18:55
Lists: pgsql-admin
Is anyone using Nagios to monitor PostgreSQL?

If so, is there any way to check for more than just your PostgreSQL instance
being up?

This weekend, we had an issue where a database shutdown failed due to a
rogue query that would not die w/o a kill -9 being done on it. The database
remained up and accepted connections only to tell the connection to go away
because the database was shutting down.

This up and accepting connections caused our Nagios instance to not report
the database being down.

Any ideas on how to get around this?

Thanks,

Chris

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Anjan DaveDate: 2005-11-07 21:59:40
Previous:From: Tomeh, HusamDate: 2005-11-07 20:01:52
Subject: DB Links in Postgres?