Problem with rules

From: Chris Hoover <revoohc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem with rules
Date: 2005-08-25 21:53:29
Lists: pgsql-admin
I am having a problem with the rule system in 7.3.4.

I have a view with an on insert do instead rule that is calling a
function and passing new.*.  When try to insert a row into the view, I
get ERROR: ResolveNew: can't handle whole-tuple reference.

I was working with this in 8.0 on an R&D project.  However, management
liked the concept I was working on so much, they asked me to try and
see if I can get it to run in our current environment of 7.3.4.

So far, this does not look good.  Any way to get around this issue
(and no, a db upgrade at the time is not available.  But one is
scheduled in the next 6 months).

Thanks,

Chris

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: David DurhamDate: 2005-08-25 22:16:30