finding dev rpms

From: David Bear <David(dot)Bear(at)asu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: finding dev rpms
Date: 2009-01-26 21:42:03
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'm needing to installed psycopg2.. but I've hit a dependancy problem.
pscycopg2 needs libpq stuff -- which is the the developer rpms. Trouble is I
can only find developer rpms in yum repositories. So I went to install yum
and found that since my red had is x86_64, yum croaks on importing
cElementTree -- which it does have but won't import.

Since yum wasn't really designed for RHEL -- it may not be worth it to try
to resolve that issue, which leads me back to finding a downloadable rpm for
the postgres developer packages; which I can't seem to locate at
postgresql.org.

Can anyone point me to postgresql 8.2 development rpms? or source?

--
David Bear
College of Public Programs at ASU