storing a text file

From: Mag Gam <magawake(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL List - Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: storing a text file
Date: 2010-02-14 14:39:13
Lists: pgsql-novice

I would like to index several documents. They are all text files, I
was wondering what is the best way to do this. I was thinking to have
a column which will have:

*docid (serial)
date (timestamp)
document (varchar)

Eventually, I would like to access these documents via a webbrowser
and I would like to search these documents. Each document is about 10
to 20kb in size.

My question is, what datatype would be ideal for "document" field?
Also, any thoughts and recommendations ?

TIA