Need help configuring PAM

From: "yanot panara" <madkris24(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Need help configuring PAM
Date: 2007-09-08 01:05:56
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

I wanted to use user accounts in my PostgreSql database for system
authentication.

I have installed the following:
Fedora Core 6
Postgresql 8.2.4
pam-pgsql-0.6.3(found  at  http://sourceforge.net/projects/pam-pgsql/ )

Table for the accounts from my database.

test=# select * from account;
 user_id | user_name | first_name | last_name | user_pass | account_type
---------+-----------+------------+-----------+-----------+--------------
      1 | admin     | admin      | admin     | admin     | admin

I tried the following configuration.

/etc/pam.d/gdm
auth      include      system-auth
auth        required    pam_pgsql.so
account     required    pam_pgsql.so
password    required    pam_pgsql.so

/etc/pam_pgsql.conf
database = test
host = 10.10.30.247
port = 5432
user = postgres
table = account
user_column = user_name
pwd_column = user_pass
debug

Which resulted to a prompt saying authentication failed.

I then tried the following.

/etc/pam.d/gdm
auth        required    pam_pgsql.so
account     required    pam_pgsql.so
password    required    pam_pgsql.so

/etc/pam_pgsql.conf
database = test
host = 10.10.30.247
port = 5432
user = postgres
table = account
user_column = user_name
pwd_column = user_pass
debug

Which resulted to a lockdown or me not being able to login even with the
system account,i managed to fix the lockdown problem but I am still unable
to come up with  a solution for my configuration to work.Hopefully somebody
can help me.

Thanks,
kris

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Jason Tan Boon TeckDate: 2007-09-08 10:59:52