Truncate table

From: "Burak Seydioglu" <buraks78(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Truncate table
Date: 2007-08-23 22:08:07
Lists: pgsql-novice
I have been reading about transactional DDLs at
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-06/msg00190.php.
This discussion seems to be recent though; is this feature available
in version 7.4?

In addition, CREATE TABLE, ALTER TABLE, DROP TABLE are all DDL
statements, how about TRUNCATE TABLE? The manual says it has the same
effect as DELETE so I think it is a DML but want to be sure.

Last of all, does a TRUNCATE TABLE statement issue a ROW EXCLUSIVE
lock as DELETE does?

Thank you,

Burak

pgsql-novice by date