Re: postgres time zone settings(time difference in Server and client)

From: "Anoop G" <anoopmadavoor(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres time zone settings(time difference in Server and client)
Date: 2008-07-25 09:12:21
Lists: pgsql-sql
Hai all,

   I have  database running on server. I am using python to run my
application.postgres client is running on the clients .All clients are
connected to a single database running on server. Each time application
starts ,the login time is taken from server  using the query
"""select CAST ( timeofday() AS timestamp"""

But the problem the time which I got is different from that of server
machine . I Think the postgres client is adding some values to the server
time. How can I solve this .Is there any configuration setting for client to
solve this?.In which location client's configuration file is stored( I am
using Linux(Debian )?.

here the result I got:

The correct time in server:   2008-07-25 14:16:54

But What i got from client (with database cursor of sever database):
   2008-07-25 19:46:33.46  (difference of more than 5 Hr ) Where this
difference come?

any one know the answer pls help me.

Thanks in advance

Anoop