PostgreSQL on Windows

From: "Hirchert, Dale L" <Dale(dot)Hirchert-1(at)ksc(dot)nasa(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL on Windows
Date: 2004-03-16 19:45:11
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
I'm looking for some general information regarding PostgreSQL for
Windows.

Currently I support a development community that has configured
Apache/PHP/PostgreSQL on a Solaris (Sparc) platform. There is a
requirement to create this same configuration (Apache/PHP/PostgreSQL) on
a Windows 2000/2003 platform. I have searched the PostgreSQL website and
found some documentation regarding Windows installations, but I'm not
sure if I understand all that I need to.

Is there PostgreSQL server software available for Windows 2000/2003?
Some of what I find seems to point to Windows-related client software,
not server software. I did find a web page that was a README file for
the Cygwin distribution, but many of the installation steps reference
the Unix environment. Basically I'm looking for a way to implement a
PostgreSQL database on a Windows platform. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Dale

pgsql-cygwin by date